Now things are really getting serious (and also kinda silly). Jason steps fully into his role as HR OVERLORD and gives Andrew and Martin a set of performance reviews that they will never forget. Following that, they discuss the market power of Amazon, then give their latest Media Corner picks and finally, things get a bit weird as a big pickle jar is opened.
Hemispheric Performance Reviews 00:00:00
- Leave a five-star review in Apple Podcasts! Please!
- Check out the details on the Sticker Giveaway
- The sticker I used to flip
- Take a look at Andrew’s performance review
- Take a look at Martin’s performance review
- You are reading the show notes right now! 🥳
- Want to read the rest of the show notes? Look here!
- Are you reading this?
- If you are, thank you!
- G’day, mate!
- The Feld Foot®
- SMART goals
Escaping the Amazon 00:18:40
- Jason's blog post Escaping the Amazon
- This Amazon, not that Amazon...
- Peak Design
- Amazon Basics Brand
- Peak’s video
- Amazon in Autralia
- Amazon launches in Australia
- Coles Supermarket
- Rocket Boy
- Bill Gates Philanthropy
- eBay advertising in Australia... on TV?!
Media Corner 00:30:00
- Did you hear that awesome new Media Corner Theme Song?!
- Brought to you by the one and only Alex Canion 🎸
- Mayonnaise Basses (Or Mayones if you want to say it correctly)
- Progressive Rock
- Bass face
- We were going to link to a definition of “Nude Nut”. Never mind. Please do not search this.
Martin’s Pick 🎥
- For All Mankind
- Michael Dorman
- The Secret Life of Us
- Notice the not so subtle “I was too young to remember it, but Andrew might remember it”. 🤣
- Samuel Johnson
- No, that was Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction
- Zadok the Priest
Andrew’s Pick 📺
- After the Night
- It’s Eric Edgar Cooke, not Edgar Allan Poe.
- Yep, Perthonalities!
- Perth is indeed Perthect.
Jason’s PIck 🎵
- Martin Feld approved pickle brand
- Andrew has been mucking about with his new headphones this whole time.
- The best fried pickles are in Lexington, Virginia apparently. Says the guy from Perth.
This episode was edited by Martin using Ferrite.