February 25th, 2021
45 mins 23 secs
About this Episode
Normally when we swap our hemispheric views each episode, we follow some sort of agenda. Well, this time, we thought that we'd try something different: WE THREW THE AGENDA OUT THE WINDOW. Do we actually know how to talk to each other? You'll find out! As a result, Andrew fondly recalls how he used to wear ties, Jason marvels at the Mars mission and Martin shares memories of throwing peanuts on the floor.
Studio Upgrade 00:00:00
- Andrew's sound panels
- 600mm = 23.6in
- Spirit level
- iPad screen protector application
- The Wollongong Apple Reseller where Martin used to work
iPhone Rules of Engagement 00:02:40
- Old iPhone Ad
- iPhone 11 Pro
- Andrew is clearly ambidextrous!
- Frisbee (or 'throwing disc')
- NBL Pocket Podcast
- Apple TV Siri Remote
- Prime Video
- "Give the tradie who’s been doing hard yakka in your yard all day a beer at the end of it." 🍺
- "Smash down a VB."
- Victoria Bitter ad (1988)
- Circular Quay
- We actually started the episode!
- Agenda = "..."
- Andrew couldn't bring himself not to have an agenda. Are you surprised?
He Bought Us a Coffee 00:11:25
- THANK YOU JOHN PAYNE!!! ☕️
Mars Perseverance Rover Landing 00:13:10
- Perseverance Rover’s Descent and Touchdown on Mars (Official NASA Video)
- Bloody amazing!!!!
- Tweet: "Man on Moon!" 👩🚀
- Mars Helicopter
- We are not even going to link to BS conspiracy theories.
- DJI Drones
Who Wears a Tie? 00:20:00
- How to tie a tie
- How to change the lock combination on a briefcase
- Silvio's Pizza advertisement (1993)
- Domino's Pizza Enterprises
- 1983: First Domino's store opened in Australia.
- 1993: Silvio's Dial-a-Pizza bought Domino's Pizza.
- 1995: Silvio's Dial-a-Pizza was merged into Domino's Pizza.
- 1997: Domino's established the Domino's Partners Foundation.
- 2000: Silvio's Dial-a-Pizza was renamed Domino's Pizza Australia.
- Holden Gemini
- Nissan Bluebird
Lone Star Steakhouse 00:24:40
Sizzler Steakhouse 00:26:20
- Sizzler's cheesy bread: how to make the Aussie favourite at home
- Sizzler finally reveals its secret recipe for the famous cheese toast
- Sydney Opera House
Talking to Strangers 00:27:15
- IGA Grocery Store
- Shout-out to the local IGA store gentleman!
Delivery Experiences 00:30:50
Work as Performance Art 00:37:45
Outback Steakhouse 00:40:00
- Outback Steakhouse Australia
- Outback Steakhouse HQ is in... Tampa, Florida, US.
- The Blooming Onion!
- The Awesome Blossom is the other one, from Chilis.
Down Under? 00:42:30
- No one says this.
- ...except maybe Thunder from Down Under
Hemispheric Views Store 00:43:25
This episode was edited by Andrew using Ferrite.
📣 Chat with us on Discord
⭐️ Follow us on Micro.blog
🐦 Follow us on Twitter
💬 Catch up with Andrew
💬 Catch up with Martin
💬 Catch up with Jason