New year, new episode! Andrew continues the build-out of his 'podcast studio', then we all become over-caffeinated and consider the what, where and why of hoarding old technology. Lastly, we designate new nicknames to each other.
Tech Surprise 00:00:00
- Shure SM7B Reveal!
- Andrew sounds like Barry White now!
- RØDE Podcaster
- What is XLR?
- Audio Technica ATR2100X
- RØDE PSA-1
- RØDE Procaster
- Australian exchange rate formula: price in USD x 7.3 = AUD price
- What is a 'muso'?
- Andrew's nephew, Alex
- The foam thing on the end of the microphone
- Australian DJ (Jason recommends Alison Wonderland)
Beverage Corner 00:06:50
- Ciobar — Italy's finest hot chocolate
- Extra-creamy milk
- Honey Puffs Cereal
- Australian Milo + American Half-and-Half = the official beverage of Hemispheric Views
They Bought Us a Coffee 00:12:45
- Buy us a coffee!
- Thanks, Mr. Clooney!
- 10 coffees is the number to beat!
- Double-digit Coffee Action (DDCA™)
- Thank you, Francine!
- Thank you, Matthew Greg!
- Andrew's mum/mom is bankrolling Hemispheric Views! Thanks, Jennifer!
Chat Apps 00:18:00
- Rocket Boy talking about Signal
- WhatsApp's new TOS
- Zoom buys Keybase
Nook Chat 00:32:30
Technological Hoarding 00:34:35
- Carl Zeiss
- Plastic Storage Bins
- iPhone 3GS
- Tangerine iBook
- 12" PowerBook
- Pokemon Cards - Gotta Catch 'Em All!
- 27" Cinema Display
Subscription Concierge 00:48:40
- Grab someone's phone.
- Add Hemispheric Views to their podcast player.
- Jason's Blog Post about Youtube-dl Downloader
- Join our Discord
- Andrew's names: Drew, Andy, Drewy and Andrew
- Jason's names: Jay, J, Jas and Burk
- Martin's names: Marty, Feldy, Martin, Fontsy and Feldmeister
- Corey Hotline
- Corey Feldman
- Corey Haim
- Marty Feldman
This episode was edited by Andrew using Hindenburg Journalist.